Question:
whats the gear ratio on a dana front axle...?
2006-04-22 07:48:12 UTC
whats the gear ratio on a dana front axle...?
Five answers:
lorne1167
2006-04-22 07:54:33 UTC
Depends on what Dana axle you have. They come in different sizes.
hotwheelsfan
2006-04-23 06:00:23 UTC
Remove front cover, count the teeth of the gears. Divide the larger gear, ring gear by the pinion gear teeth. Dana also stamps the I.D. numbers on the axle housings, you can look them up to see what it came with stock.
351jas
2006-04-23 02:04:54 UTC
DANA MAKE FRONT AND REAR AXLES FOR A WIDE VARIETY OF CARS AND TRUCKS ALL OF WHICH COME IN SEVERAL DIFFERENT RATIOS. TO FIND THE RATIO OF A DIFF: HOLD ONE AXLE STILL, THEN TURN THE PINION(COUNT THE TURNS) SO THAT THE OTHER AXLE DOES ONE REVOLUTION. THE NUMBER OF TURNS ON THE PINION IS THE RATIO.
chryslercraig
2006-04-23 17:41:53 UTC
Since you are in the Chrysler Group, I will assume that you want to know what gear ratio Chrysler puts in their cars. That would be a 3.73:1
lucky
2006-04-29 01:13:32 UTC
hotwheelsfan has the answer