Question:
what brand of motor oil for 4 cylinders engines is best?
tejano4you@sbcglobal.net
2006-03-12 07:47:02 UTC
what brand of motor oil for 4 cylinders engines is best?
Four answers:
572ci.
2006-03-15 22:36:50 UTC
Most auto parts stores are trained by their grandfathers.... use that there 20w-50, that there 10w-30 is too thin...., pennzoil causes sludge, use valvoline..... essentially its hard to find a bad oil.... pennzoil DOESN'T cause sludge, 10w-30 is not thin (some engines now use 5w-20, a 20 weight!) Just go with one brand and stick with it and use what the engine manufacturer specs viscosity wise, and the engine should outlast the body.
shawonzo1
2006-03-18 22:01:52 UTC
I would recommend Mobil 1 synthetic. The oil weight should be within the engine manufacturer's specifications.

I recommend Mobil 1 due to the additive package that it has. There are numerous other reasons why, and they are very technical in nature.
2006-03-14 21:47:00 UTC
call a dealership who sells the make of vehicle in question and ask them, they are the ones who had to warranty the vehicle when it was new so you can bet they put the best oil suited for that engines operating temperature and rpm range.
pigboy4
2006-03-12 08:03:36 UTC
Go to your nearest car specialty store and ask!