Question:
I have a manual for 1998 Chrysler, Cirrus, but am unable to get the brake drums on.?
clwoodson@sbcglobal.net
2006-04-02 15:19:56 UTC
I have tried adjusting (via the star) but they don't seem to adjust enough and won't go on.
Six answers:
RUAQT?
2006-04-02 15:22:35 UTC
The emergency brake is stuck on. This causes the pads to spread apart, usually at the top. Also make sure you have the right diameter drums.
DavidC11
2006-04-07 22:10:32 UTC
another Mitsubishi old design on the car he he. let go with the hand break and make sure the break is the same, cause some of the vehicle has two different break just for one year. check with your old one to see if they are the same as the new one you just got. if it is different take it back to the store and get the one that is same as your old one. make sure you bring your old one with you. one more things. as mechanic I always told people don't do your own drum break yourself. and this is the reason why. you either can't get it back on or the wrong parts. anyway good luck
kayser
2016-11-30 06:35:34 UTC
Your brake adjusters are to open screw them in to make the drums in superb condition no matter if or not they in superb condition free it's going to be ok. once you get it at the same time back up the motorized vehicle slowly pumping the brake pedal. this may automaticly adjust your brakes.
waltonwayaugusta
2006-04-02 15:23:08 UTC
ARE YOU SURE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT SHOES

PULL THE STAR ALL THE WAY CLOSED PULLING THE SHOES VERY CLOSE TOGETHER

IT WILL TAKE SOME PRESSURE TO PUT THE DRUMS BACK ON

GOOD LUCK AND CHECK THE E R CABLE MAKE SURE IT IS OFF
stacey
2006-04-07 00:38:13 UTC
Maybe the emergency brake cable is rusted.
2006-04-02 15:29:48 UTC
Call chrysler!