Question:
instructions on how to flush radiator on 99 chrysler sirius?
luvinpooh2
2006-04-16 11:31:41 UTC
instructions on how to flush radiator on 99 chrysler sirius?
Five answers:
tyme2bwl
2006-04-16 11:35:51 UTC
www.ASK .com
gregthomasparke
2006-04-20 21:51:39 UTC
I am a mechanic, and by draining and refilling the rad by the rad screw your not doing good for the rad, you're not doing worse either, its like doing an oil change and only changing 1/2 of the oil. Take it to a shop, and have them flush it for you. The shop I work at uses a Flush compound that cleans the inside of your cooling system from sludge and dirt and all the other crap that gets suck in there, and then the new fluid is fed into the system by a pressure machine that removes the air out of the system at the same time as removing the old/dirty/weak coolant. A sealant compound is added that coats the inside of the whole system to lengthen the life of the cooling componants, It is a service that shouldn't go overlooked, and I see all to many overlooked, its money well spent, and its cheaper then a tow truck bill/new engine. I also recomed asking the mechanic to do a pressure test before the service is started that way if there is a leak in the system then that can be fixed before the coolant is replaced. Also if the the thermostat hasn't been changed, or hasn't been changed for a long time i recomend talking to your mechanic about that too, they're $5 and can save an engine
Cason
2006-04-16 20:47:20 UTC
Go to jiffy lube or equivalent. they actually hook it to a machine that FLUSHES 16 quarts with a cleaner continuously through it,then filling it up with fresh fluid. Not just draining and refilling. The benefits of this are that it gets the cleaner and the new fluid to ALL the components of the cooling system, not just in the radiator. it only costs about 60-75 bucks and in my opinion is well worth the money. ( It will cost more if you have a vehicle with extended life coolant i.e. RED coolant)
?
2016-12-07 11:25:58 UTC
bypass to an motor vehicle areas save and purchase a flush kit. It has a T connector which you put in the heater hose which you screw on your backyard hose and slightly that is going interior the radiator cap hollow to maintain the water from hitting the fan and flying in all places. permit it quiet down till the hoses are in basic terms heat. some autos you may bleed/burp the air out after it truly is warm (thermostat open/electric fan on?) after coolant replenish. On a Honda there's a bleeder valve on or close to the the thermostat housing to do it. you in basic terms could do it on some greater moderen autos. You did not say what vehicle you have. Please use a drain pan and take the previous coolant to a save the place is could be recycled or disposed of top.
weeman1971
2006-04-16 11:41:02 UTC
Undo the drain screw on the radiator and drain the system then close the drain screw, fill with fresh water and a radiator flush fluid and then drain that through as per instructions on bottle. After that refill the radiator with coolant.