Question:
Now another question -99 Sebring?
irish_red_93
2006-05-03 01:00:37 UTC
I have a 99 Sebring LX but with a 98 Engine, when looking for parts online do I put in LXI for the right engine or do I put in LX 98 for the car. Everytime I put in the 99 Sebring it comes with a 2.0 ltr engine and I have a 2.5 ltr engine V6. HELP!!!!
Five answers:
fire4511
2006-05-03 14:47:06 UTC
It would depend on the parts you are looking for. If you are ordering engine parts, put in the year of the engine. For body or suspension parts, use the car year
xrey
2006-05-03 08:06:47 UTC
It would help if you put the actual year and engine of your car. I would go witht he engine first than the year of the car as engine changes but a year is just a year. Like my 1998 Jeep Wrangler was actually manufactured in November 1997 but was sold as a '98.
2006-05-03 21:43:55 UTC
just put 98 because the engine matters more than the year. you dont want to get parts for a car that has a different engine. thats what matters.
top-down
2006-05-04 02:16:30 UTC
Well, were it me, I'd contact the Chrysler Sebring Coupe Club and put the question the experts. But then, I like doing things the easy way. Never could figure out why people were always insisting on re-inventing the wheel.
computer_glitch_uhoh
2006-05-03 12:17:55 UTC
You are going to want to go by the motor, especially because when putting a different motor in you are changing many parts, like the engine computer ect ect. A lot of things have to change. When dealing with; spark plugs, sensors, wires, computers you are going to want to put in the make of the MOTOR not the car itself, when dealing with other things like the exhaust, tires if they change between those two years, body, interior, filters, ect you will go by the year of the car itself. Basically things that deal and comunicate with your motor you obviously go with the motor, things that don't directly communicate or have nothing to do with, go by the car. Hopefully that made sense =)