Question:
i put my car in drive and it turns off, what would be the problem?
shortierican926
2006-04-11 12:29:13 UTC
i put my car in drive and it turns off, what would be the problem?
Four answers:
NEWBEE1
2006-04-11 20:48:40 UTC
If your car idles normally, and doesn't die until you put it in drive. Try these solutions: Tune-up your car, this includes fuel filter. Once tune up is complete, you might be looking at a fuel pump problem. If your fuel pump confirms good, unless your a mechanic, you'll need professional help.

These are some additional areas of concern:

Battery and charging sys.

Throttle plate sticking open (not closing all the way)

Broken wire

Good Luck
battistin
2006-04-11 12:34:54 UTC
Not a problem, unless you want to leave wear ever you are. If it jolts really bad, and then dies, you probably have a serious transmission/torque converter issue. If it just stubmles and dies without a violent jerk, then I'd guess you have a bad sensor someplace on the tranny.
_dinger_
2006-04-11 12:36:32 UTC
It sounds like the idle is set a bit too low and the timing might be off as well.
myscreenname
2006-04-11 12:31:05 UTC
??

you mean after you start the car, and try to shift the gear to the drive, it stops?

you need to tow the car to the nearest service center then...and get it checked/fixed