Question:
why do we have different petrol prices to brisbane?
robtruckerman2002
2006-04-13 07:31:30 UTC
cents per litre
Three answers:
kimberhill
2006-04-17 20:23:40 UTC
Not knowing where you are makes this difficult to answer.

For starters QLD government subsidises our fuel (I think they subsidise about 8 cents per litre). So that makes it cheaper for QLD as a whole.

Secondly the cost of transporting the fuel from the nearest refinery then plays a part. So for Brisbane people - we have a refinery here, hence transport costs are lower. The further you are the more it costs.
2006-04-13 07:33:05 UTC
All the time we're told we must obey the Australian road laws, but why should I? I live in Germany. And don't own a car.
Ursus Particularies
2006-04-13 07:46:09 UTC
Ask them to build a refinery where you live.